Did you know that for each of the 60+ industry L.E.A.D.ers heading to Washington DC this week to advocate for the promotional products industry there are more than 500 companies ‘back home’ that will benefit from the time and energy they are dedicating on our behalf.
Here are two things you can do to help and show your appreciation…
First, thank a L.E.A.D.er! They’re just like you – suppliers, distributors, promotional consultants, regional members – but they’ve already dedicated hours of their time setting appointments for face-to-face meetings with members of Congress to advocate for our industry. They’re traveling on their own dime and taking time away from customers, families and businesses, to help our industry. They deserve our respect and gratitude.
Second, support them by participating in L.E.A.D. activities from your home or office. There’s power in numbers and you can engage your elected officials locally while we’re in DC. Here’s how:
- Click PPAI L.E.A.D.and follow the prompts to ask your Senators and your member of Congress to:
- Keep the unique needs, challenges and interests of the promotional products industry in mind when considering legislation.
- Watch for any legislation that would curtail the use of independent contractors.
It will probably take you less time to act on these requests than it did to read the instructions.
- Encourage others to follow your example by spreading the message through your social media channels using #ppailead—we’ve even provided the posts for you.
- Track our progress on Twitter as we work our way through the halls of Congress. Follow @PPAILegislative and @Bellantone. Or, search for #ppailead. Be sure to retweet updates for your industry followers.
This is going to be another powerful event; I thank you in advance for your support.
And to all the L.E.A.D.ers making the trip to Washington… On behalf of a grateful industry, I thank you.